Sacred Heart Church
Hill End Historic Site
Located on the high side of Hill End Historic Site, Sacred Heart Church offers a rare glimpse into Australia’s past. Hold your wedding ceremony or exhibition at this unique venue, overlooking the historic village and surrounding countryside.
- Venue is suitable for
- Arts and cultural events and wedding ceremonies
- Maximum people: 90
$550 per day
Available for hire 7 days a week, except 25 Dec-1 Jan and public holidays.
Venue available for exclusive hire
- Bookings are required. To make a booking or for more information contact the Hill End Historic Site office.
- Other Information
- You can hire the church for a wedding ceremony during daylight hours
- There is no lighting or power in the church
Built in 1872, Sacred Heart Church was originally a Primitive Methodist Church during the gold rush era. Now deconsecrated, it’s an unforgettable venue for a wedding ceremony, cultural event or art exhibition between Bathurst and Mudgee.
Exchanging vows in this historic building you’ll feel like you’ve stepped back in time, thanks to the arched windows, wooden floorboards and high gable roof. And after your ceremony you’ll be well-positioned for photos, with the surrounding countryside as a picturesque backdrop.
The church is centrally located so you and your guests can take advantage of Hill End’s many attractions. Book your reception at Hosies or Royal Hall where you can continue your celebrations. History buffs can find out more about the town’s past at Hill End Heritage Centre or at Bald Hill tourist mine and walking track.
If you’re thinking of spending the night there are plenty of options to choose from. Enjoy a stylish getaway at the former postmaster’s home or stay in an historic 1870s hotel. Nearby Hosies is also a great option for an overnight stay, especially if you’re travelling with a larger group.
- Hill End Historic Site office
- Monday to Friday, 8am to 4pm. Closed weekends and public holidays.
- 02 6370 9050
- 5 Beyers Avenue, Hill End NSW 2850
- in Hill End Historic Site in the Country NSW region
Hill End Historic Site is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.