Hill End Historic Site
Royal Hall is a charming venue to hold your wedding reception or event. Conveniently located in the centre of Hill End Historic Site, it has ample space and facilities for your celebration, and is steeped in gold rush history.
- Venue is suitable for
- Arts and cultural events, concerts and festivals, corporate and business events, private party or function, wedding ceremonies and wedding reception
Maximum people: 120
Maximum capacity for seated dining events is 80 people. Maximum capacity for seated theatre-style events is 120.
- Drinking water, toilets, electric power
$1500 for a weekend hire period from 9am Friday to 9am Monday. Contact Hill End Historic Site office for the price of weekday and 1 day weekend hire periods.
Available for hire 7 days a week, except 25 Dec-1 Jan and public holidays.
Venue available for exclusive hire
- Bookings are required. To make a booking or for more information contact the Hill End Historic Site office.
- Other Information
- The weekend hire period is from 9am Friday to 9am Monday
- For weekday and 1 day weekend hire periods, please contact the Hill End Historic Site office.
- All events must conclude by 10pm on weekdays, 12am on weekends or public holidays or the night before a weekend or public holiday.
Built in 1900, Royal Hall harks back to the roaring days of the gold rush. Soak in the atmosphere of a bygone era as you celebrate your event in this charming community meeting place between Bathurst and Mudgee.
The hall can accommodate 80 people for a banquet-style event or 120 for a performance, making it the perfect venue for a wedding reception, private party, business event or exhibition. With a stage, kitchen and large outdoor lawn, you’ll have all the facilities you need to look after your guests.
Nestled in the centre of Hill End, you’ll also be well-placed to take advantage of the town’s nearby attractions. If you’re celebrating a wedding, Sacred Heart Church is an ideal place to hold your ceremony before heading to Royal Hall for the reception. History buffs can discover more about the town’s past at Hill End Heritage Centre, or you can kick back and enjoy a drink at the Royal Hotel next door.
And if you’d like to linger longer in this charming spot, you can treat yourself to a stay in one of the heritage accommodations. There are plenty to choose from, including The Post Office Residence, historic Sydney Hotel Cottage or cosy Hill End Pines Cottage.
- Hill End Historic Site office
- Monday to Friday, 8am to 4pm. Closed weekends and public holidays.
- 02 6370 9050
- 5 Beyers Avenue, Hill End NSW 2850
- in Hill End Historic Site in the Country NSW region
Hill End Historic Site is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.