Back to previous page

Royal Hall

Hill End Historic Site

Open, check current alerts 

Venue info

All the practical information you need to know about Royal Hall.

Getting there and parking

Royal Hall is in the centre of town in Hill End Historic Site, next to the Royal Hotel. To get there:

From Bathurst (allow 1.5hrs)

  • Turn off the Great Western Highway onto Gilmour Street at Kelso
  • Follow Sofala Road for around 45km
  • At Sofala, turn left onto Hill End Road and continue for around 37.5km to Hill End Historic Site.

From Mudgee (allow 1.25hrs)

  • Head north, towards Gulgong on the Castlereagh Highway.
  • Turn left onto Hill End Road and continue for around 69km to Hill End Historic Site

Road quality

  • Sealed roads

Vehicle access

  • 2WD vehicles

Weather restrictions

  • All weather


There is free street parking outside Royal Hall on bitumen seal Beyers Avenue.


Venue hire inclusions:

  • Exclusive use of Royal Hall, including the kitchen and outdoor area.
  • Use of the kitchen facilities including fridge, oven with gas cooktop and bain marie.
  • Heat lamps for use in cold weather
  • 4 bench seats.

Please return the hall back to its original state after your event. There may be a fee if excessive waste is left behind or if significant cleaning is required.


There are 2 male and 2 female public accessible flush toilet blocks next to the hall. The toilets at this venue are public toilets. You may use them during your event, but they are not available for exclusive hire.

  • Flush toilets

Drinking water

Electric power

Rubbish bin

Waste bins are supplied for the removal of rubbish after your event, to a limited amount.

Maps and downloads

Safety messages

Mobile safety

Dial Triple Zero (000) in an emergency. Download the Emergency Plus app before you visit, it helps emergency services locate you using your smartphone's GPS. Please note there is limited mobile phone reception in this park and you’ll need mobile reception to call Triple Zero (000).


Disability access level - medium

  • There’s a ramp for wheelchair users to access the back of Royal Hall
  • Some assistance may be required to reach the back of the hall
  • There are wheelchair-accessible toilets

Medium access presents some minor difficulties, such as a grassy surface. You may require a little assistance to get around in some areas.


Food and drink

  • You may bring your own food as well as portable gas barbecues fitted with drip trays for cooking for outdoor use only
  • Commercial catering is permitted. Please include the amounts and equipment details on the application form.
  • Alcohol service by a licensed caterer is permitted

Decorations, structures and furniture

  • Weighted free-standing decorative items such as bridal arches, red carpet and columns are permitted.
  • Marquees are permitted as long as they are not pegged with pickets or pins. Temporary structures must be stabilised using weighted objects only. Please list all marquees and structures on the application form.
  • Furniture such as tables, chairs and table decorations are permitted.
  • You may bring flower arrangements containing no seed material. A florist can arrange this for you on request.
  • Florists are required to use plastic drop sheets when preparing flowers and discard of all excess plant material into a garbage bag.

Lighting and amplified sounds

  • Bands and DJs are permitted. Please keep the volume to a level that does not interfere with the hall’s neighbours.
  • Lighting may be permitted and must be detailed on the application form

Commercial filming and photography

Commercial photography and video requires the relevant photography license.


Alterations to the existing internal or external fabric of the building are not permitted:

  • Tacks, nails, florist putty or similar are not to be used as part of any decoration.
  • Please do not attach decorations to the walls
  • Signs associated with the event must not be attached to any NSW National Parks and Wildlife Service asset, including signs, posts or trees.

Confetti, plant materials and rice are not permitted, including:

  • Decorations consisting of flowers or plant materials that contain seeds or vines and exotic plant materials
  • Throwing rice or petals

Candles and open flames are not permitted.

Camp fires and solid fuel burners


Gathering firewood


Royal Hall

Park info