Dorrigo National Park
Take a walk amongst subtropical rainforest and 600-year-old trees along the Wonga walk in Dorrigo National Park, home to the Tristania and Crystal Falls.
- Dorrigo National Park
- 6.6km loop
- Time suggested
- 2 - 3hrs
- Grade 2
- Please note
- Be sure to bring a Dorrigo National Park map with you when you walk, along with some drinking water
- The rainforest temperature can be cooler - you might want to bring a jacket
The Wonga walk delivers all the delights of the subtropical rainforest and is one of the most popular walks not only in Dorrigo National Park, but also in Australia.
Tall, lush World Heritage listed rainforest provides a cool and shaded walking track. The cascading Crystal Shower Falls, 600-year-old trees, colourful fungi and interesting bird calls are just some of the sights and sounds waiting for you on this walk.
There are some steeper sections along the walk, a few steps and some boulder crossings, but you can break the walk up into shorter sections.
The walk starts from Dorrigo Rainforest Centre, you'll need to take Lyrebird link track for 400m before joining the Wonga walk. Look at the Dorrigo National Park map to see all the options.
Take a virtual tour of Wonga walk captured with Google Street View Trekker.
'Rainforest birds revealed' is an easy stroll that takes you from Dorrigo Rainforest Centre into the heart of the rainforest to places where different birds like to hang out. Download the app and discover the lovable personalities and quirky habits of wildlife along the way.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Dorrigo Rainforest Centre
- 9am to 4.30pm daily. Closed Christmas Day.
- 02 6657 5913
- 142 Dome Road Dorrigo Mountain NSW 2453
- in Dorrigo National Park in the North Coast region
Dorrigo National Park is open daily (except Christmas Day) 9am to 4.30pm but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.