Dorrigo National Park
Attached to Dorrigo Rainforest Centre, Skywalk lookout offers superb views over Dorrigo National Park and encompasses Bellinger Valley to the coast.
- Dorrigo National Park
- Entry fees
- Park entry fees apply
- Opening times
Skywalk lookout is open during the day, closing between 10pm–5am.
- What to
- Drinking water, hat, sunscreen
- Please note
- Remember to take your binoculars if you want to go bird watching
- There's limited mobile reception in this park, but wireless internet is available at Dorrigo Rainforest Centre.
Directly connected to Dorrigo Rainforest Centre, Skywalk lookout offers a bird’s-eye view of the surrounding landscape. Perched right on the edge of the escarpment, the views take in Bellinger Valley to the coast with deep valleys and gorges, blanketed in a rich rainforest. If birdwatching is of interest, look for regent bowerbirds, topknot pigeons and grey goshawks.
Skywalk lookout is a 70m boardwalk that soars over the edge of the escarpment some 21m above the rainforest. Easily accessible, anyone can enjoy the panoramic views of the Rosewood rainforest basin. If you prefer a closer look, stretch your legs along Rosewood Creek walking track.
The view is dominated by the double peak of McGraths Hump, also known as Old Man Dreaming. In Aboriginal Gumbaynggirr legend, it shows the profile of a warrior’s face, Ngali. It was Ngali’s job to protect women who came to give birth in Bellinger Valley. But Ngali fell asleep, and for his punishment he was turned to stone for all eternity.
Take a virtual tour of Skywalk lookout captured with Google Street View Trekker.
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Dorrigo Rainforest Centre
- 9am to 4.30pm daily. Closed Christmas Day.
- 02 6657 5913
- 142 Dome Road Dorrigo Mountain NSW 2453
- in Dorrigo National Park in the North Coast region
Dorrigo National Park is open daily (except Christmas Day) 9am to 4.30pm but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.