Lyrebird Link track
Dorrigo National Park
Lyrebird link is an easy walking track in Dorrigo National Park near Coffs Harbour. It is a great spot for birdwatching and there are picnic and barbecue areas nearby.
- Dorrigo National Park
- 0.8km return
- Time suggested
- 30min - 1hr
- Grade 2
- Entry fees
- Park entry fees apply
- What to
- Drinking water
- Please note
- Bring a Dorrigo National Park map with you when you walk
- The rainforest temperature can be cooler, so it's a good idea to bring a jacket
This easy, short walk from the Dorrigo Rainforest Centre is a great place to start your exploration of the World Heritage listed rainforests of Dorrigo National Park. The gently sloping walkway takes you into the world of Gondwana.
The lush rainforest contains giant stinging trees, birds nest ferns and lawyer cane palms that use their tiny hooks to climb high into the rainforest canopy in search of sunlight. There are information panels along the way to help you find out more about the rainforest plants and animals.
To increase your chances of seeing a rose-crowned fruit dove or a brightly coloured king parrot extend your walk along the Wonga walk and be sure to walk quietly and look closely.
'Rainforest birds revealed' is an easy stroll that takes you from Dorrigo Rainforest Centre into the heart of the rainforest to places where different birds like to hang out. Download the app and discover the lovable personalities and quirky habits of wildlife along the way.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Dorrigo Rainforest Centre
- 9am to 4.30pm daily. Closed Christmas Day.
- 02 6657 5913
- 142 Dome Road Dorrigo Mountain NSW 2453
- in Dorrigo National Park in the North Coast region
Dorrigo National Park is open daily (except Christmas Day) 9am to 4.30pm but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.