Wilsons Headland walking track
Yuraygir National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Wilsons Headland walking track.
Grade 3Learn more about the grading system Features of this track
45min - 1hr 15min
Quality of markings
Clearly sign posted
Quality of path
Formed track, some obstacles
No experience required
Getting there and parking
Wilsons Headland walking track starts at Boorkoom campground in the Minnie Water precinct of Yuraygir National Park. To get there:
- From Grafton, drive southwest along Pacific Highway.
- After about 12km, turn left at Eight Mile Lane.
- Follow Eight Mile Lane as it becomes Wooli Road (keep right) for another 29km.
- Turn left at Diggers Camp Road and continue for about 7km
Parking is available at Boorkoom campground and Wilsons Headland picnic area.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Yuraygir National Park. Here are some of the highlights.
Autumn is the perfect time of year to go beach fishing along the park's coastline.
The park's heathlands provide a spectacular display of wildflowers. Check them out on your choice of walking track, including the Wilsons Headland walk and, of course, the Yuraygir coastal walk.
Visit in summer to make the most of the park's countless beaches and waterways. Swim, surf or snorkel – cooling sea breezes provide welcome relief in hot weather.
Plan a winter trip to go whale watching. The sight of migrating whales swimming north to warmer waters is second-to-none, and there are magnificent viewing points at Red Cliffs lookout and Brooms Head.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
20°C and 26°C
9°C and 20°C
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - medium
- If accessing this track from Boorkoom campground, the first 2km is suitable for wheelchairs, prams and visitors with limited mobility.
- Some assistance may be required at times as you make your way along the natural surface of the path.
- Seats and lookouts provide convenient rest stops along the track.
- If accessing this track from Wilsons Headland picnic area, there is 800m of gravel path. The path is mostly of easy grades but assistance will be necessary along 2 steep sections.
Medium access presents some minor difficulties, such as a grassy surface. You may require a little assistance to get around in some areas.
- Grafton office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm.
- 02 6641 1500
- Level 4, 49 Victoria Street, Grafton NSW 2460