Wilsons Headland picnic area
Yuraygir National Park
Wilsons Headland picnic area in Yuraygir National Park is a picturesque picnic spot where you can go swimming, walking, fishing, birdwatching and whale watching.
- Picnic areas
- Yuraygir National Park in North Coast
- Entry fees
- Park entry fees apply
- What to
- Hat, drinking water, sunscreen
Wilsons Headland picnic area is a picturesque picnic spot, just moments from the ocean. In spring, it’s a great spot to admire the vibrant colours and intricate beauty of the wildflowers, but all year round it’s a magical place.
Throw a rug down on the grass or find a spot at one of the picnic tables to enjoy your picnic feast. Or wander along Wilsons Headland walking track and you’ll find lots of other great picnic spots and lookouts with sweeping coastal views ideal for whale watching.
Take the kids down to the beach to throw a frisbee, or enjoy swimming in the clear waters. Remember to pack your fishing rod if you enjoy fishing to catch some of the local whiting, bream or flathead. Or just sit back and unwind as you watch beach raptors like brahminy kites and white-bellied sea eagles gliding overhead.
Google Street View Trekker
Using Google Street View Trekker, we've captured imagery across a range of NSW national parks and attractions. Get a bird's eye view of these incredible landscapes before setting off on your own adventure.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Grafton office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm.
- 02 6641 1500
- Level 4, 49 Victoria Street, Grafton NSW 2460
- in Yuraygir National Park in the North Coast region
Yuraygir National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Park entry fees:
$8 per vehicle per day.Buy annual pass
Things to do (15)
- Aboriginal culture (1)
- Birdwatching and wildlife encounters (10)
- Fishing (2)
- Picnics and barbecues (1)
- Road trips and car/bus tours (1)
- Sightseeing (9)
- Swimming (2)
- Walking (12)
- Waterfalls (1)
- Wildflowers (seasonal) (1)