Wilsons Headland walking track
Yuraygir National Park
The easy Wilsons Headland walking track is ideal for whale watching along the Clarence Coast. Starting at Boorkoom campground, the hiking track offers scenic coastal views.
- Yuraygir National Park in North Coast
- 3km one-way
- Time suggested
- 45min - 1hr 15min
- Grade 3
- Entry fees
- Park entry fees apply
- Please note
- Along the walk, there are barrier-free lookout platforms with seats and magnificent beach and ocean views
- Remember to take your binoculars if you want to whale watch – the best time of year is between May and October
The easy Wilsons Headland walking track links Boorkoom campground with Wilsons Headland picnic area, and comprises a small section of the Clarence Coast’s Yuraygir coastal walk. This short track winds along the coastline – passing stretches of endless ocean, isolated beaches and secluded coves.
Hike the track from late winter to early summer to be greeted by banks of wonderful wildflowers, or walk during whale watching season to spot migrating humpbacks. It will be no surprise to you that this easy walk is a long-time favourite among locals.
Strategically-placed seats and lookouts allow you to catch your breath and soak up the incredible views – why not take a picnic lunch to enjoy at one of these spots?
Google Street View Trekker
Using Google Street View Trekker, we've captured imagery across a range of NSW national parks and attractions. Get a bird's eye view of these incredible landscapes before setting off on your own adventure.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Grafton office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm.
- 02 6641 1500
- Level 4, 49 Victoria Street, Grafton NSW 2460
- in Yuraygir National Park in the North Coast region
Yuraygir National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Park entry fees:
$8 per vehicle per day.Buy annual pass