Willi Willi National Park
This medium-difficulty trail, not too far from Kempsey, walks you through flourishing World Heritage-listed rainforest of Willi Willi National Park. You can also picnic by waterfalls and swim in a natural pool.
- Willi Willi National Park
- 7.2km return
- Time suggested
- 3hrs 30min - 4hrs 30min
- Grade 5
- What to
- Hat, sunscreen, drinking water
- Please note
- There is limited mobile reception in this park
- Remember to take your binoculars if you want to birdwatch
On Waterfall walk you’ll pass a magnificent strangler fig, through sub-tropical and warm temperate rainforest, to a sparkling waterfall and plunge pool where you can cool off with a refreshing swim after your walk.
Glossy green palms, brightly coloured fungi and delicate orchids line your path, and there are informative signs for those interested in the history of the area. Swimming is encouraged during your visit - the fertile rainforest ensures a warm, humid climate throughout the year, and the waterfall pool is an idyllic place to cool off on a warm day.
This medium difficulty walk leaves from Wilson River picnic area, where comfortable amenities include a shelter shed with large picnic tables for a relaxing barbecue. Easier trails like the scenic Botanic walk and Palm Grove walk also begin from here for those looking for a more casual post-picnic stroll.
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- 02 9585 6831
- Kempsey office
- Monday to Friday, 9am to 4.30pm.
- 02 6561 6700
- 247 Old Station Rd, Verges Creek NSW 2440
- in Willi Willi National Park in the North Coast and Country NSW regions
Willi Willi National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.