Willi Willi National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Waterfall walk.
Grade 5Learn more about the grading system Features of this track
3hrs 30min - 4hrs 30min
Quality of markings
No directional signage
Quality of path
Formed track, some obstacles
Some bushwalking experience recommended
Getting there and parking
Waterfall walk is in the Wilson River precinct of Willi Willi National Park. To get there:
- Take the Beechwood Road to Beechwood
- Then turn onto Bellangary Road
- Turn onto Hastings Forest Way
- Turn into Wilson River Road to reach the picnic area
- Take the Armidale Road from West Kempsey
- After 35km turn onto Carrai Road at Toorooka near Willawarrin
- Turn onto Coachwood Road at Kookaburra
Check the weather before you set out as the road to Wilson River picnic area can become boggy when it rains.
Parking is available at Wilson River picnic area.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Will Willi National Park. Here are some of the highlights.
Birds are plentiful in the rainforest so it's a great time for birdwatching.
Meander along the cool Waterfall walk where you can take a refreshing swim.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
26°C and 28°C
16°C and 20°C
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
Drinking water is not available in this area, so it’s a good idea to bring your own.
Maps and downloads
- Kempsey office
- Monday to Friday, 9am to 4.30pm.
- 02 6561 6700
- 247 Old Station Rd, Verges Creek NSW 2440