Somersby Falls walking track
Brisbane Water National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Somersby Falls walking track.
Grade 3Learn more about the grading system Features of this track
15 - 20min
Quality of markings
Clearly sign posted
Short steep hills
Quality of path
Formed track, some obstacles
Some bushwalking experience recommended
Getting there and parking
Somersby Falls walking track is in the Somersby precinct of Brisbane Water National Park. To get there from Gosford:
- Follow Pacific Highway to Wisemans Ferry Road
- Turn left onto Somersby Falls Road at Somersby
- Continue along Somersby Falls Road (to the left).
- Turn left into Somersby Falls picnic area
Park entry points
- Sealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- All weather
Parking is available at the Somersby Falls picnic area. The carpark opens at 9am every day and is locked at 8pm during daylight savings and at 5pm all other times. It can be a busy place on the weekend and during summer so parking might be limited.
Maps and downloads
- Girrakool office
- Monday to Friday, hours vary.
- 02 4320 4200
- 59 Girrakool Rd, Somersby, NSW 2250
- in Brisbane Water National Park in the Sydney and surrounds region
Two picnic areas in Brisbane Water National Park close in the evening:
- Girrakool picnic area is open 7am to 8pm during daylight savings and is open 7am to 6pm at other times
- Somersby Falls picnic area is open 8am to 8pm during daylight savings and is open 8am to 5pm at other times
Other areas of Brisbane Water National Park will be open at all times, however may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Park entry fees:
$8 per vehicle per day applies at Girrakool and Somersby Falls picnic areas. The park has coin-operated pay and display machines - please bring correct coins.
You will need a permit to hold a wedding or undertake commercial photography within the park.Buy annual pass