Somersby Falls walking track
Brisbane Water National Park
Somersby Falls walking track in Brisbane Water National Park runs to the bottom of Somersby Falls, with birdwatching opportunities and a nearby picnic area.
- Brisbane Water National Park
- 0.1km return
- Time suggested
- 15 - 20min
- Grade 3
- Entry fees
- Park entry fees apply
- What to
- Drinking water, hat, sunscreen
Starting at one of the most spectacular and popular rest stops on the NSW Central Coast – Somersby Falls picnic area – Somersby Falls walking track winds down to the bottom of the falls along a graceful 100m path, with lookout stops along the way. This is a great walk at any time of year, but it really shines in the summer months, when the cool spray offers a respite from the heat, and after heavy rains, when the falls are particularly striking.
Be sure to bring your camera and keep an eye out for local wildlife, including water dragons, frogs and goannas. If you look up, you may even spot a kookaburra – birdwatching is terrific here, so don’t forget binoculars either. After visiting the bottom of the falls, return to the picnic area and pass the remainder of the day in the cool shade of a tree over a long lunch.
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- 02 9585 6831
- Girrakool office
- Monday to Friday, hours vary.
- 02 4320 4200
- 59 Girrakool Rd, Somersby, NSW 2250
- in Brisbane Water National Park in the Sydney and surrounds region
Two picnic areas within the park close of an evening:
- Girrakool picnic area is open 9am to 5pm every day
- Somersby Falls picnic area is open 8am to 8pm during daylight savings and is open 8am to 5pm at other times
Other areas of Brisbane Water National Park will be open at all times, however may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Park entry fees:
$8 per vehicle per day applies at Girrakool and Somersby Falls picnic areas. The park has coin-operated pay and display machines - please bring correct coins.
You will need a permit to hold a wedding or undertake commercial photography within the park.Buy annual pass