Dorrigo National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Satinbird stroll.
Grade 2Learn more about the grading system Features of this track
15 - 30min
Quality of markings
Clearly sign posted
Quality of path
No experience required
Getting there and parking
Satinbird stroll is near The Glade picnic area precinct of Dorrigo National Park. To get there:
- Follow signs to Dorrigo National Park/Dorrigo Rainforest Centre from Waterfall Way (1km south of Dorrigo).
- After arriving at Dorrigo Rainforest Centre, follow signs 1km to The Glade picnic area.
Car and bus parking is available at The Glade picnic area, including several designated disabled spots.
Best times to visit
The weather at Dorrigo National Park can vary from warm to mild to cool, depending on the time of year you visit. The summer months usually have the highest rainfall.
The rainforest is alive with birdlife - walk the Lyrebird Link for a close up view.
Escape the summer heat along one of the waterfall tracks and feel the coolness envelope you.
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - medium
- This 600m bitumen path through subtropical rainforest is suitable for wheelchairs, prams and visitors with limited mobility.
- Some assistance is needed to negotiate several steeper sections.
Medium access presents some minor difficulties, such as a grassy surface. You may require a little assistance to get around in some areas.
Flying a drone for recreational purposes is prohibited in this area. Drones may affect public enjoyment, safety and privacy, interfere with park operations, or pose a threat to wildlife. See the Drones in Parks policy.
This area may be a declared Drone Exclusion Zone, or may be subject to Civil Aviation Safety Authority (CASA) rules for flying near airports, aerodromes and helicopter landing sites. See CASA's Drone Flyer Rules.
Commercial filming and photography
NSW national parks are no smoking areas.
- Dorrigo Rainforest Centre
- 9am to 4.30pm daily. Closed Christmas Day.
- 02 6657 5913
- 142 Dome Road Dorrigo Mountain NSW 2453
- in Dorrigo National Park in the North Coast region
Dorrigo National Park is open daily (except Christmas Day) 9am to 4.30pm but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.