Saltwater Creek to Bittangabee Bay walking track
Green Cape area in Ben Boyd National Park
The walk from Saltwater Creek to Bittangabee Bay in Ben Boyd National Park takes in backpack camping, fishing spots, birdwatching and whale watching.
- Green Cape area in Ben Boyd National Park
- 9km one-way
- Time suggested
- 3 - 4hrs
- Grade 3
- Trip Intention Form
It's a good idea to let someone know where you're going. Fill in a trip intention form to send important details about your trip to your emergency contact.
- Entry fees
- Park entry fees apply
- What to
- Hat, drinking water, sunscreen
- Please note
- Remember to take your binoculars if you want to go whale watching
- There is limited mobile reception in this park
The walk from Saltwater Creek to Bittangabee Bay is a gently undulating section of the iconic Light to Light walk in Ben Boyd National Park on the NSW Far South Coast. It passes through lovely sections of coastal forest, heath and rock platforms. There’s also great opportunities for birdwatching and whale watching during migration season.
If you’re looking to stay overnight, pitch your tent at either Saltwater Creek campground or Bittangabee Bay, at either end of the walk. For somewhere a bit more remote to rest your head, try remote camping at Hegartys Bay, in the southern section of the park.
Late May to early December, and particularly throughout September, is an ideal time for whale watching along this track, as you’re likely to spot whales migrating along the coast. If you’re keen on birdwatching, be sure to keep your eyes open too for endangered ground parrots or rare striated field wrens.
Take a virtual tour of Saltwater Creek to Bittangabee Bay walking track captured with Google Street View Trekker.
Using Google Street View Trekker, we've captured imagery across a range of NSW national parks and attractions. Get a bird's eye view of these incredible landscapes before setting off on your own adventure.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Merimbula office
- Monday to Friday and some weekends during peak holiday periods, 10am to 3pm.
- 02 6495 5000
- 47 Merimbula Drive, cnr Sapphire Coast Drive, Merimbula NSW 2548
- in the Green Cape area of Ben Boyd National Park in the South Coast region
The Green Cape area of Ben Boyd National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
$8 per vehicle per day in the Green Cape area of the park (south of Eden).Buy annual pass