Saltwater Creek to Bittangabee Bay walking track
Ben Boyd National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Saltwater Creek to Bittangabee Bay walking track.
Grade 3Learn more about the grading system Features of this track
3 - 4hrs
Quality of markings
Quality of path
Formed track, some obstacles
No experience required
Getting there and parking
Saltwater Creek and Bittangabee Bay are in the southern precinct of Ben Boyd National Park. To get there:
- Travel 18km south of Eden along Princes Highway, then turn left on Edrom Road for 6km.
- Turn Right onto unsealed Green Cape Road and follow the signs to Saltwater Creek and Bittangabee Bay
Parking is available at Saltwater Creek and Bittangabee Bay.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Ben Boyd National Park. Here are some of the highlights.
Camp at Bittangabee Beach campground and see lyrebirds performing their characteristic dance and tail display.
Visit Green Cape Lighthouse or Boyds Tower to spot whales migrating south to their Antarctic feeding grounds - you might even see females with young calves.
Plan a camping trip to Saltwater Creek - to enjoy the lagoons and beautiful surf beach.
Take the Light to Light walk when it's nice and cool and the banksias are in bloom.
Maps and downloads
- Merimbula office
- Monday to Friday and some weekends during peak holiday periods, 10am to 3pm.
- 02 6495 5000
- 47 Merimbula Drive, cnr Sapphire Coast Drive, Merimbula NSW 2548
- in Ben Boyd National Park in the South Coast region
Ben Boyd National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Park entry fees:
$8 per vehicle per day in the Green Cape area of the park (south of Eden). The Pambula-Haycock area (north of Eden) has free park entry. This park uses a self-registration fee collection system. Please bring correct change.Buy annual pass