Green Cape area in Beowa National Park
Bittangabee Bay, in Beowa National Park, is a rocky enclosed bay with a small beach, offering secluded fishing, swimming, kayaking, birdwatching and whale watching.
- Entry fees
- Park entry fees apply
- What to
- Hat, sunscreen, drinking water
- Please note
- Remember to take your binoculars if you want to go birdwatching or whale watching
- If you’re bushwalking in this park, it’s a good idea to bring a topographic map and compass, or a GPS.
- There's limited mobile reception in this park
A rocky enclosed bay with a small, scenic beach, Bittangabee Bay is an appealing spot to kick back and soak up spectacular coastline views. Remote without being inaccessible, it offers secluded swimming and fishing in a pristine natural environment. Bring a picnic lunch and a pair of binoculars for a spot of birdwatching and whale watching during the migration season.
Bittangabee Bay is easily accessible from Bittangabee campground, and walkers will want to try Bittangabee Bay to Green Cape walk, part of the iconic Light to Light walk. There are even nearby ruins for history buffs, and an abundance of local wildlife for the naturalists. Long-nosed bandicoots, wombats, brush-tailed possums, and lace monitors all live in the area.
For a real adventure, visit Bittangabee Bay as part of Light to Light walk, or carry in a sea kayak and paddle the clear waters.
Take a virtual tour of Bittangabee Bay captured with Google Street View Trekker.
Using Google Street View Trekker, we've captured imagery across a range of NSW national parks and attractions. Get a bird's eye view of these incredible landscapes before setting off on your own adventure.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Merimbula office
- Monday to Friday and some weekends during peak holiday periods, 10am to 3pm.
- 02 6495 5000
- 47 Merimbula Drive, cnr Sapphire Coast Drive, Merimbula NSW 2548
- in the Green Cape area of Beowa National Park in the South Coast region
The Green Cape area of Beowa National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
$8 per vehicle per day in the Green Cape area of the park (south of Eden).Buy annual pass