Red Top lookout and boardwalk
Mungo National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Red Top lookout and boardwalk.
Grade 2Learn more about the grading system Features of this track
10 - 15min
Quality of markings
Clearly sign posted
Quality of path
No experience required
Getting there and parking
Red Top lookout and boardwalk is in the Walls of China precinct of Mungo National Park. To get there:
- From Sturt Highway, take Silver City Highway south of Mildura
- Turn right into Arumpo Road and follow to the end
- Turn left into Balranald Road
- Take the first right into Mailbox Road and continue to the Mungo Visitor Centre
- Follow Mungo Self-guided Drive tour to the lookout and boardwalk
Parking is available at Red Top lookout and boardwalk.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
15°C and 34°C
3°C and 20°C
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - easy
- This 50m timber boardwalk, between the carpark and lookout, is fully accessible for wheelchairs, prams and visitors with limited mobility.
- Railings and several seats are provided at the lookout.
Easy access is free of obstacles such as steps, rough terrain or significant slopes, and may have ramps or boardwalks.
Flying drones in Mungo National Park is not permitted unless you've received written agreement from the Park Office before your visit. Please note that a consent to fly a drone in this park is only permitted in exceptional circumstances with endorsement from the traditional owners. Read more about the Drones in Parks policy and the process to apply for consent.
NSW national parks are no smoking areas.
- Buronga office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm.
- 03 5021 8900
- 4 Melaleuca Street, Buronga NSW 2739
- in Mungo National Park in the Murray-Riverina region
Mungo National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Park entry fees:
$8 per vehicle per day. Fees are payable through self-registration envelopes outside Mungo Visitor Centre. Different fees apply for commercial tour operators and vehicles with 8 seats or more.Buy annual pass