Red Cedar Falls walking track
Dorrigo National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Red Cedar Falls walking track.
Grade 5Learn more about the grading system Features of this track
3hrs - 3hrs 30min
Quality of markings
Clearly sign posted
Very steep and difficult
Quality of path
Formed track, some obstacles
Some bushwalking experience recommended
Getting there and parking
Red Cedar Falls walking track commences at Never Never picnic area.
To get to Never Never picnic area precinct of Dorrigo National Park:
- Enter Dome Road from Waterfall Way (1km south of Dorrigo) and follow it for 2km to get to Dorrigo Rainforest Centre.
- Dome Road veers to the left at Dorrigo Rainforest Centre. Follow for 10km to Never Never picnic area at the end of Dome Road.
Parking is available at Never Never picnic area.
Best times to visit
The weather at Dorrigo National Park can vary from warm to mild to cool, depending on the time of year you visit. The summer months usually have the highest rainfall.
The rainforest is alive with birdlife - walk the Lyrebird Link for a close up view.
Escape the summer heat along one of the waterfall tracks and feel the coolness envelope you.
It's a good idea to bring your own drinking and cooking water if you’re picnicking at Never Never picnic area.
Maps and downloads
- Dorrigo Rainforest Centre
- 9am to 4.30pm daily. Closed Christmas Day.
- 02 6657 5913
- 142 Dome Road Dorrigo Mountain NSW 2453
- in Dorrigo National Park in the North Coast region
Dorrigo National Park is open daily (except Christmas Day) 9am to 4.30pm but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.