Never Never picnic area
Dorrigo National Park
Never Never picnic area is a quiet alternative to The Glade picnic area in Dorrigo National Park, with barbecues, birdwatching, walking tracks, and access to waterfalls.
- Picnic areas
- Dorrigo National Park in North Coast
- What to
- Drinking water, hat, sunscreen
- Please note
- The walking tracks in Dorrigo National Park are most suited to experienced bushwalkers.
- There is limited mobile reception in this park.
Most visitors to Dorrigo National Park frequent The Glade picnic area, but tucked away in the gorgeous interior is a quieter alternative, just past Dorrigo Rainforest Centre. Never Never picnic area is an ideal spot for anybody wanting a spot of nature and privacy.
What you’ll find is a magnificent place to picnic with a wide forest clearing and space for the kids, with tall trees offering shade on hot summer days. Bring your binoculars for birdwatching. Rufous fantails, golden whistlers, and eastern yellow robins live in the area.
Never Never picnic area is a convenient base for a number of great walks including the beautiful Rosewood Creek and Red Cedar Falls walking tracks. Casuarina Falls circuit and Blackbutt walk also leave from the area. For an exhilarating challenge, try the undulating 10km trail from Dorrigo Rainforest Centre by mountain bike.
Subscribe to Naturescapes
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Dorrigo Rainforest Centre
- 9am to 4.30pm daily. Closed Christmas Day.
- 02 6657 5913
- 142 Dome Road Dorrigo Mountain NSW 2453
- in Dorrigo National Park in the North Coast region
Dorrigo National Park is open daily (except Christmas Day) 9am to 4.30pm but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Things to do (42)
- 4WD touring (2)
- Birdwatching and wildlife encounters (16)
- Cafes and kiosks (1)
- Canoeing/paddling (3)
- Cycling (4)
- Environmental appreciation/study (1)
- Fishing (2)
- Historic heritage (2)
- Photography (1)
- Picnics and barbecues (8)
- Road trips and car/bus tours (3)
- Sightseeing (20)
- Surfing (1)
- Swimming (3)
- Visitor centres (1)
- Walking (25)
- Waterfalls (15)