The Glade picnic area
Dorrigo National Park
The Glade picnic area is part of Dorrigo National Park near Coffs Harbour on the NSW north coast. This pretty rainforest clearing offers a great spot for a picnic or barbecue and lots of rainforest walks.
- Picnic areas
- Dorrigo National Park
- Entry fees
- Park entry fees apply
- Please note
- If you’re using The Glade as a point to access walking tracks, let someone know your itinerary and make sure you’re properly prepared.
Located 1km from the Dorrigo Rainforest Centre, The Glade picnic area is a great spot for barbecues and picnics. It’s set in a peaceful clearing, surrounded by amazing rainforest.
The area has great facilities and offers stunning views from its elevated lookout. After a picnic lunch there are lots of walking tracks to explore, like the Crystal Shower Falls walk that starts nearby.
Besides its natural beauty, The Glade picnic area has free barbecues, as well as undercover and outdoor picnic tables. And don’t be surprised if a brush turkey or a wallaby sneaks up to join your barbecue. The Glade picnic area is also home to the park's field study centre.
Take a virtual tour of The Glade picnic area captured with Google Street View Trekker.
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Dorrigo Rainforest Centre
- 9am to 4.30pm daily. Closed Christmas Day.
- 02 6657 5913
- 142 Dome Road Dorrigo Mountain NSW 2453
- in Dorrigo National Park in the North Coast region
Dorrigo National Park is open daily (except Christmas Day) 9am to 4.30pm but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.