Pebbly Beach to Durras Mountain walking track
Murramarang National Park
The steep but rewarding Pebbly Beach to Durras Mountain walking track combines beaches, incredible coastal views, and wildlife spotting in Murramarang National Park, near Batemans Bay.
- Murramarang National Park
- 6.6km return
- Time suggested
- 3 - 5hrs
- Grade 4
- Entry fees
- Park entry fees apply
- What to
- Drinking water, hat, sunscreen, sturdy shoes
- Please note
- Remember to take your binoculars if you want to bird watch or whale watch.
- Check the weather before you set out as the walking track can become boggy when it rains.
Starting from well-known Pebbly Beach picnic area, this return walk is a great day out that explores some of Murramarang National Park's golden beaches, coastal forest and stunning viewpoints.
From the grassy slopes of the picnic area, where you’ll often see mobs of kangaroos grazing, head north-east along the track for around 1.2km until you reach the junction with the Mt Durras track. The steep climb up Durras Mountain threads through the forest of spotted gum, coachwood and lillypilly, offering plenty of ocean glimpses.
When you reach the top, reward yourself with a picnic while taking in the views inland to Morton and Budawang National Parks, and east across the Pacific Ocean. From May to October you might even see migrating humpback whales.
Return to Pebbly Beach (downhill) along the same route, and enjoy a night or 2 at the campground or comfortable shacks. If you're looking for a longer walk, you can easily combine your Durras Mountain climb with the Pretty Beach to Durras Mountain track, or coastal Pebbly Beach to Snake Bay track.
Using Google Street View Trekker, we've captured imagery across a range of NSW national parks and attractions. Get a bird's eye view of these incredible landscapes before setting off on your own adventure.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- 02 9585 6831
- Ulladulla office
- Monday to Friday, 9am to 4pm.
- 02 4454 9500
- Lot 9 Blackburn Industrial Estate, 6 Coller Road Ulladulla NSW 2539
- in Murramarang National Park in the South Coast region
Murramarang National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Park entry fees:
$8 per vehicle per day. The park has coin-operated pay and display machines - please bring correct coins.Buy annual pass