Pretty Beach to Durras Mountain walking track
Murramarang National Park
A challenging walk, Pretty Beach to Durras Mountain walking track offers scenic coastal views and birdwatching in Murramarang National Park.
- Murramarang National Park in South Coast
- 10km return
- Time suggested
- 3 - 5hrs
- Grade 4
- Entry fees
- Park entry fees apply
- What to
- Hat, sunscreen, drinking water
- Please note
- Remember to take your binoculars if you want to birdwatch or whale watch.
If the scenic coastal views don’t take your breath away, the steep climb to the top of the mountain will. Pretty Beach to Durras Mountain walking track highlights the beautiful coastal forests of Murramarang National Park, near Pretty Beach campground.
Following the track from the campground, make your way past the lazing kangaroos. The path climbs steadily through coachwood and unique coastal rainforest. At the top of Durras Mountain, you’ll be rewarded with coastal and scenic mountain views. You’re likely to hear eastern whipbirds and wonga pigeons any time of year.
From the mountain top, retrace your steps, or if you’ve still got energy to burn, continue on the longer walk to Pebbly Beach picnic area. If you’re smitten with this beautiful region, be sure to check out the cosy cabins available at Pretty Beach.
Google Street View Trekker
Using Google Street View Trekker, we've captured imagery across a range of NSW national parks and attractions. Get a bird's eye view of these incredible landscapes before setting off on your own adventure.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Ulladulla office
- Monday to Friday, 9am to 4pm.
- 02 4454 9500
- Lot 9 Blackburn Industrial Estate, 6 Coller Road Ulladulla NSW 2539
- in Murramarang National Park in the South Coast region
Murramarang National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Park entry fees:
$8 per vehicle per day. The park has pay and display machines - cash and credit cards accepted. Card only at Pretty Beach.Buy annual pass
Things to do (25)
- Aboriginal culture (2)
- Beach (1)
- Birdwatching and wildlife encounters (14)
- Canoeing/paddling (3)
- Fishing (5)
- Historic heritage (1)
- Picnics and barbecues (5)
- Sightseeing (14)
- Snorkelling and scuba (5)
- Surfing (1)
- Swimming (9)
- Walking (18)
- Waterfalls (1)