Mount Nangar walking track
Nangar National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Mount Nangar walking track.
Grade 5Learn more about the grading system Features of this track
5 - 6hrs
Quality of markings
Quality of path
Rough unformed track
Some bushwalking experience recommended
Getting there and parking
Mount Nangar walking track begins at Dripping Rock picnic area.
To get to there:
- Take Escort Way 10km from Eugowra or 70km from Orange
- The park entrance sign is at the intersection with Dripping Rock Road
- Turn south here and travel 2.5km along Dripping Rock Road, where you’ll cross a cattle grid into the park.
- Continue along this trail for another 5.5km to reach Dripping Rock picnic area
Check the weather before you set out as the road to Terarra Creek camping and picnic area may be closed following heavy rain.
Parking is available at Dripping Rock picnic area or Mount Nangar lookout.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Nangar National Park. Here are some of the highlights.
As the days cool down, it's perfect weather for taking some of the longer walks along the walking tracks and fire trails.
Bushwalkers will be rewarded with beautiful wildflowers and flowering shrubs.
Build a cosy campfire at Terarra Creek camping and picnic area and spend a cool, clear night gazing at the stars.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
13°C and 33°C
2°C and 18°C
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
Drinking water is not available in this area, so it’s a good idea to bring your own.
Maps and downloads
- Bathurst office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm.
- 02 6332 7640
- 02 6332 7680 To contact the KARST Conservation Unit in this office.
- Level 2, 203-209 Russell Street, Bathurst NSW 2795