Mount Nangar walking track
Nangar National Park
Mount Nangar walking track to the lookout takes you bushwalking through varied landscapes to scenic views over Nangar National Park and surrounding farmlands in search of wildlife and wildflowers.
- Nangar National Park in Country NSW
- 6km return
- Time suggested
- 5 - 6hrs
- Grade 5
- Trip Intention Form
It's a good idea to let someone know where you're going. Fill in a trip intention form to send important details about your trip to your emergency contact.
- What to
- Hat, drinking water, sunscreen
- Please note
- Summer is generally too hot for bushwalking in this park.
For the best view in the park, take Mount Nangar walking track from Dripping Rock out across open country and then up a gentle hill. Following the valley through mugga ironbark and red stringybark woodlands, you’ll come to the plateau of Mount Nangar, where you’re surrounded by mountain heathland. Mount Nangar lookout offers views over open grazing country – on a clear day you can see to Mount Canobolas on the outskirts of Orange. Along the escarpment, birdwatchers may see peregrine or brown falcons and wedge-tailed eagles.
As well as fabulous scenic views and wildlife, there is a lovely variety of plants on this walk. Look out for rusty spider flower and nodding blue lily. You may also see delicate orchids – take care not to disturb these beautiful flowers.
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Bathurst office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm.
- 02 6332 7640
- 02 6332 7680 To contact the KARST Conservation Unit in this office.
- Level 2, 203-209 Russell Street, Bathurst NSW 2795
- in Nangar National Park in the Country NSW region
- Nangar National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to extreme weather or fire danger.