Meroo Lake walking track
Meroo National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Meroo Lake walking track.
Grade 3Learn more about the grading system Features of this track
30 - 45min
Quality of markings
Quality of path
Formed track, some obstacles
No experience required
Getting there and parking
Meroo Lake walking track is in the Meroo Head precinct in the southern part of Meroo National Park. To get there:
- Travel south on Princes Highway from Ulladulla
- Approximately 20km south of Ulladulla turn left into Meroo Point Road
- Continue for approximately 3km until you arrive at the Meroo Headcarpark at the end of the road
- Follow the sign for Meroo Lake walk in the south-eastern corner of the carpark
Parking is available at the end of Meroo Point Road. It can be a busy place at Christmas and Easter, so parking may be limited.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Meroo National Park. Here are some of the highlights.
Enjoy the serenity on the water while paddling a canoe or kayak in one of the park's coastal lakes.
Escape your busy city life and spend a night at one of the beachside camping areas.
Head to Termeil Beach or Pot Holes Beach for a day of swimming, surfing and beach fishing.
Rug up and take in spectacular coastal views from Nuggan Point walking track.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
9°C and 27°C
0°C and 13°C
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
Drinking water is not available in this area, so it’s a good idea to bring your own.
Maps and downloads
A current NSW recreational fishing licence is required when fishing in all waters.
- Ulladulla office
- Monday to Friday, 9am to 4pm.
- 02 4454 9500
- Lot 9 Blackburn Industrial Estate, 6 Coller Road Ulladulla NSW 2539