Meroo Lake walking track
Meroo National Park
Wrap yourself in the tranquillity of calm coastal waters at Meroo Lake walking track. Enjoy paddling, swimming, fishing, birdwatching and walking in a pristine natural landscape.
- Meroo National Park
- 1.6km return
- Time suggested
- 30 - 45min
- Grade 3
- What to
- Drinking water, hat, sunscreen
- Please note
- Remember to take your binoculars if you want to go birdwatching or whale watching.
If you are looking to get away from it all, then Meroo Lake walking track is for you. Wrap yourself in the tranquillity of these calm coastal waters and reconnect with nature.
Follow the walking track from Meroo Head carpark and meander down through towering old growth forest to the lakes edge. It’s a great place for birdwatching where you’ll see some of the many waterbirds that make this their home - swans, musk ducks, pelicans, cormorants to name a few.
Try fishing or swimming in the lake, or just sit back and relax with a good book as you listen to the waters gently rippling onto the shore. If you like canoeing or kayaking, it’s a 800m walk to the lake’s edge with your gear, but your efforts will be rewarded once you are paddling out into serenity on the water.
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- 02 9585 6831
- Ulladulla office
- Monday to Friday, 9am to 4pm.
- 02 4454 9500
- Lot 9 Blackburn Industrial Estate, 6 Coller Road Ulladulla NSW 2539
- in Meroo National Park in the South Coast region
Meroo National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.