Wollumbin National Park
Lyrebird track is a short walking route in Wollumbin National Park that leads from Mount Warning Road, across Breakfast Creek to a lookout set in subtropical rainforest.
- Wollumbin National Park
- 0.6km return
- Time suggested
- 15 - 45min
- Grade 3
- What to
- Drinking water, hat, sunscreen
- Please note
- Remember to take your binoculars if you want to birdwatch
- You'll need to bring your own cooking water
- The weather in this area can be extreme and unpredictable, so please ensure you’re well-prepared for your visit.
- It can be a busy place on sunset, so parking might be limited.
- Check the weather before you set out as the road to Lyrebird track can become flooded when it rains
- There is no/limited mobile reception in this park
- This is a high risk area for theft, so please don’t leave valuables in your car.
Surround yourself with the lush subtropical rainforest of World Heritage-listed Wollumbin National Park by taking a short hike on Lyrebird track. Experience this beautiful Gondwana Rainforest of Australia on this easy walking track that takes you across Breakfast Creek, then winds through palm forest to a scenic viewing platform.
A huge diversity of animals, birds and plants exist here and each plays an important role in the rainforest ecosystem. Leaves, branches, fruit and seeds constantly drop from the tree canopy to form leaf litter. This provides shelter and camouflage for many creatures on the forest floor such as frogs and ground birds. Fungi, insects and animals help to break the organic matter down, which the trees can then reabsorb as nutrients. Brush turkey can be seen foraging through this leaf litter for insects and seeds. They always have one eye on the job and another looking out for predators, because it doesn’t need to be a special occasion for carpet pythons to enjoy a turkey lunch.
Using Google Street View Trekker, we've captured imagery across a range of NSW national parks and attractions. Get a bird's eye view of these incredible landscapes before setting off on your own adventure.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Murwillumbah office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm.
- 02 6670 8600
- Level 1/135 Murwillumbah Street, Murwillumbah NSW 2484
- in Wollumbin National Park in the North Coast region
Wollumbin National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.