Link Trail - Gloucester Tops to Careys Peak
Barrington Tops National Park
Link trail – Gloucester Tops to Careys Peak offers a moderate walk or mountain bike trail and scenic views from Gloucester Tops to Barrington plateau, in Barrington Tops National Park.
- 38km return
- Time suggested
- 1 - 2 days
- Grade 4
- Trip Intention Form
It's a good idea to let someone know where you're going. Fill in a trip intention form to send important details about your trip to your emergency contact.
- What to
- Drinking water, hat, sunscreen
- Please note
- Remember to take your binoculars if you want to birdwatch
- If you’re bushwalking in this park it’s a good idea to bring a topographic map, compass and GPS.
- This walk may also be closed at different times of the year due to weather or fires, so it’s advised to check with the local Gloucester office on 02 6538 5300.
- Toilets are located at Gloucester Falls picnic area and Wombat Creek campground
- Only experienced bushwalkers should attempt to do this return walk in one day
When it’s time to get out of town and embrace the great outdoors, this spectacular walk in Barrington Tops National Park will have you singing its praises. Link trail – Gloucester Tops to Careys Peak connects famous Gloucester Tops with Barrington plateau, and is popular with experienced bushwalkers and mountain bikers alike.
Following a narrow tree-lined ridge that divides Kerrepit and Chichester Rivers, the moderate track passes several unique hanging swamps and forests of towering messmate and Antarctic beech. As you climb up towards the plateau, forests give way to sub-alpine snow gums. The steep climb to Careys Peak lookout rewards you with some of the most superb panoramic views in the park.
Perhaps you’ll want to rest those legs afterwards and stay overnight at Wombat Creek campground before heading back to rest at Gloucester Falls picnic area. Alternatively, a network of scenic walks offers the chance to explore the pristine high country.
Subscribe to Naturescapes
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Gloucester office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm.
- 02 6538 5300
- 59 Church Street, Gloucester NSW 2422
- in Barrington Tops National Park in the North Coast and Country NSW regions
Barrington Tops National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.