Light to Light walk
Green Cape area in Ben Boyd National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Light to Light walk.
Grade 4Learn more about the grading system Features of this track
2 - 3 days
Quality of markings
Short steep hills
Quality of path
Rough track, many obstacles
Getting there and parking
Get driving directions
Boyd’s Tower is in the southern section of Ben Boyd National Park. To get there:
- Travel south from Eden on the Princes Highway for 18km
- Turn off at Edrom Road and follow it to the turn off near the end of the road
Green Cape Lightstation is also in the southern section of Ben Boyd National Park. To get there:
- Travel south from Eden on The Princes Highway for 18km
- Turn off at Edrom Road and follow it for 6km
- Turn right onto unsealed Green Cape Road and follow it for 21km
Check the condition before setting out as some of the roads within the park can become boggy when it rains.
Parking is available at Green Cape Lightstation and Boyds Tower walking track. Parking is available at a number of points along the track, including Saltwater Creek and Bittangabee campgrounds and at Boyds Tower.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Ben Boyd National Park. Here are some of the highlights.
Camp at Bittangabee Beach campground and see lyrebirds performing their characteristic dance and tail display.
Visit Green Cape Lighthouse or Boyds Tower to spot whales migrating south to their Antarctic feeding grounds - you might even see females with young calves.
Plan a camping trip to Saltwater Creek - to enjoy the lagoons and beautiful surf beach.
Take the Light to Light walk when it's nice and cool and the banksias are in bloom.
The campgrounds along the walk are equipped with picnic tables, barbecues, and toilet facilities.
Maps and downloads
- Merimbula office
- Monday to Friday and some weekends during peak holiday periods, 10am to 3pm.
- 02 6495 5000
- 47 Merimbula Drive, cnr Sapphire Coast Drive, Merimbula NSW 2548