Bittangabee Bay to Green Cape walking track
Green Cape area in Ben Boyd National Park
Bittangabee Bay to Green Cape walking track, in Ben Boyd National Park, links a pristine rocky beach with a historic lightstation, open to guided tours.
- Green Cape area in Ben Boyd National Park in South Coast
- 7km one-way
- Time suggested
- 2 - 3hrs
- Grade 4
- Trip Intention Form
It's a good idea to let someone know where you're going. Fill in a trip intention form to send important details about your trip to your emergency contact.
- Entry fees
- Park entry fees apply
- What to
- Drinking water, hat, sunscreen, topographic map, compass, gps
- Guided tours of Green Cape Lightstation are available Thursday-Monday at 3pm. Bookings can be made by contacting Auswide on 02 6495 5500.
- Please note
- Strong rips and currents may be present at beaches – take care in the water and please supervise children at all times.
- Remember to take your binoculars if you want to go birdwatching or whale watching
Bittangabee Bay to Green Cape walking track, is in the southern section of Ben Boyd National Park. The walk follows a route that has been travelled by lightkeepers over many years. Originally, supplies for the lighthouse were off-loaded at Bittangabee Bay. If you look closely, you’ll see remnants of the old horse-drawn tram track as you walk this moderate track.
Wander around the surrounds of Green Cape Lightstation, with informative signs detailing its operation. If you’re keen to discover more, guided tours and accommodation are available. The rocky cape is an ideal spot to look for seals, dolphins and migrating whales.
Tracing a path through bushland and remote beaches, you can stop for a spot of fishing along the way. Rare ground parrots and striated field wrens can also be seen from time to time around the forested areas. In spring, the area blooms with wildflowers. Green Cape is an ideal start or end point on the great Light to Light walk, which continues all the way north to Boyds Tower.
Take a virtual tour of Bittangabee Bay to Green Cape walking track captured with Google Street View Trekker.
Green Cape Lighthouse, around 45min south of Eden, is the southernmost lighthouse in NSW. Towering above Green Cape Lightstation Keepers’ Cottages, soak up the maritime heritage and spot migrating whales.
Using Google Street View Trekker, we've captured imagery across a range of NSW national parks and attractions. Get a bird's eye view of these incredible landscapes before setting off on your own adventure.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Merimbula office
- Monday to Friday and some weekends during peak holiday periods, 10am to 3pm.
- 02 6495 5000
- 47 Merimbula Drive, cnr Sapphire Coast Drive, Merimbula NSW 2548
- in the Green Cape area of Ben Boyd National Park in the South Coast region
The Green Cape area of Ben Boyd National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
$8 per vehicle per day in the Green Cape area of the park (south of Eden).Buy annual pass