Bittangabee Bay to Green Cape walking track
Ben Boyd National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Bittangabee Bay to Green Cape walking track.
Grade 4Learn more about the grading system Features of this track
2 - 3hrs
Quality of markings
Quality of path
Rough track, many obstacles
No experience required
Getting there and parking
Bittangabee Bay is in the southern precinct of Ben Boyd National Park. To get there:
- Travel south of Eden for 18km along Princes Highway
- Turn left on Edrom Road and follow it for 6km
- Turn right onto the unsealed Green Cape Road, and follow it for 15km until you reach Bittangabee Access Road.
- Turn left and follow the road to the end (about 3km).
Parking is available at Bittangabee Bay. Please note, there’s a fee to use this park and a valid sticker should be visible on any vehicle inside the park boundaries.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Ben Boyd National Park. Here are some of the highlights.
Camp at Bittangabee Beach campground and see lyrebirds performing their characteristic dance and tail display.
Visit Green Cape Lighthouse or Boyds Tower to spot whales migrating south to their Antarctic feeding grounds - you might even see females with young calves.
Plan a camping trip to Saltwater Creek - to enjoy the lagoons and beautiful surf beach.
Take the Light to Light walk when it's nice and cool and the banksias are in bloom.
Firewood is not supplied.
Maps and downloads
Netting and spear fishing are not permitted in the park, and you’re not allowed to collect crustaceans and marine animals from the rocks.
NSW national parks are no smoking areas.
- Merimbula office
- Monday to Friday and some weekends during peak holiday periods, 10am to 3pm.
- 02 6495 5000
- 47 Merimbula Drive, cnr Sapphire Coast Drive, Merimbula NSW 2548
- in Ben Boyd National Park in the South Coast region
Ben Boyd National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Park entry fees:
$8 per vehicle per day applies in the southern section of the park (south of Eden). There is no park entry fee for the northern section of the park (north of Eden). The park uses a self-registration fee collection system. Please bring correct change.Buy annual pass