Bittangabee Bay to Green Cape walking track
Green Cape area in Beowa National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Bittangabee Bay to Green Cape walking track.
Features of this track
2 - 3hrs
Quality of markings
No experience required
Quality of path
Rough track, many obstacles
Getting there and parking
Bittangabee Bay is in the southern precinct of Beowa National Park. To get there:
- Travel south of Eden for 18km along Princes Highway
- Turn left on Edrom Road and follow it for 6km
- Turn right onto the unsealed Green Cape Road, and follow it for 15km until you reach Bittangabee Access Road.
- Turn left and follow the road to the end (about 3km).
Parking is available at Bittangabee Bay. Please note, there’s a fee to use this park.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Beowa National Park. Here are some of the highlights.
Camp at Bittangabee Beach campground and see lyrebirds performing their characteristic dance and tail display.
Visit Green Cape Lighthouse or Boyds Tower to spot whales migrating south to their Antarctic feeding grounds - you might even see females with young calves.
Plan a camping trip to Saltwater Creek - to enjoy the lagoons and beautiful surf beach.
Take the Light to Light walk when it's nice and cool and the banksias are in bloom.
Firewood is not supplied.
Maps and downloads
A current NSW recreational fishing licence is required when fishing in all waters.
Netting and spear fishing are not permitted in the park, and you’re not allowed to collect crustaceans and marine animals from the rocks.
NSW national parks are no smoking areas.
- Merimbula office
- Monday to Friday and some weekends during peak holiday periods, 10am to 3pm.
- 02 6495 5000
- 47 Merimbula Drive, cnr Sapphire Coast Drive, Merimbula NSW 2548