Light to Light walk
Green Cape area in Ben Boyd National Park
Begin this multi-day walk at Boyds Tower down the far south coast, and end at Green Cape Lighthouse. Stop for a swim and the opportunity to spot seals, seabirds and whales.
- Green Cape area in Ben Boyd National Park
- 30km one-way
- Time suggested
- 2 - 3 days
- Grade 4
- Trip Intention Form
It's a good idea to let someone know where you're going. Fill in a trip intention form to send important details about your trip to your emergency contact.
- Personal Locator Beacon
Hire a Personal Locator Beacon (PLB) for free at the Merimbula office.
- Entry fees
- Park entry fees apply
- What to
- Drinking water, hat, sturdy shoes, suitable clothing, sunscreen
- Please note
- Take appropriate weatherproof clothing, insect repellant and sufficient food and water (you’ll need around 6 litres per person per day).
- If you choose to walk the track in sections, consider car pooling ahead of time.
- While the track offers easy walking along a well-marked route, it does cover some remote country – it’s a good idea to bring a topographic map and compass, or a GPS
- Remember to take your binoculars if you want to birdwatch and whale watch along the way
Light to Light walk hugs the coastline between historic Boyds Tower and Green Cape Lightstation. It’s one of the best walks on the far south coast of NSW.The views are stunning and ever-changing – from heathland to forest, tea tree groves to banksia woodlands, and sheltered coves to towering red-rock platforms. Plus, with so many seafront vantage points, you can spot seals, seabirds and whales.
Enjoy a small section of the walk – most sections of this walk are easy – or embark on a self-guided, multi-day hike, stop overnight and have a swim at the beach campgrounds.
Rest your head and have a hot shower at Telegraph Station bunkhouse near Green Cape Lighthouse – a great short stay accommodation option for Light to Light walkers. Before you head out, be sure to download the app to your iPhone or Android device to accompany you on the walk. It’s full of great information about the area’s Aboriginal cultural heritage, plants and animals and much more.
Take a virtual tour of Light to Light walk captured with Google Street View Trekker.
Green Cape Lighthouse, around 45min south of Eden, is the southernmost lighthouse in NSW. Towering above Green Cape Lightstation Keepers’ Cottages, soak up the maritime heritage and spot migrating whales.
Using Google Street View Trekker, we've captured imagery across a range of NSW national parks and attractions. Get a bird's eye view of these incredible landscapes before setting off on your own adventure.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Merimbula office
- Monday to Friday and some weekends during peak holiday periods, 10am to 3pm.
- 02 6495 5000
- 47 Merimbula Drive, cnr Sapphire Coast Drive, Merimbula NSW 2548
- in the Green Cape area of Ben Boyd National Park in the South Coast region
The Green Cape area of Ben Boyd National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
$8 per vehicle per day in the Green Cape area of the park (south of Eden).Buy annual pass