Falls walking track
Sherwood Nature Reserve
Falls walking track in Sherwood Nature Reserve is an easy walk through the rainforest, offering spectacular waterfall views of Woolgoolga Creek Falls and fantastic birdwatching.
- Sherwood Nature Reserve in North Coast
- 3.6km return
- Time suggested
- 1hr 30min - 2hrs 30min
- Grade 3
- Opening times
- Access to the walking track is through Woolgoolga Creek picnic area. This area is closed at sunset and reopens at sunrise.
- What to
- Hat, sunscreen
- Please note
- The weather in this area can be extreme and unpredictable, so please ensure you’re well-prepared for your visit.
- Remember to take your binoculars if you want to go birdwatching
Starting at Woolgoolga Creek picnic area, this easy walk meanders alongside Woolgoolga Creek to Woolgoolga Creek Falls. Stroll through subtropical rainforest and admire cascading vines, bangalow palm and magnificent stands of blue quandong. There are several creek crossings to navigate, so while your shoes will get wet, you and the kids will love the adventure.
Along the way, you’ll see a myriad of wildlife such as goannas, pythons and butterflies and might hear the sounds of the threatened giant-barred frog. With over 50 bird species recorded in the Woolgoolga Creek rainforest, this is also a great place for birdwatching. Keep your binoculars handy to spot wompoo pigeons, rose-crowned fruit-doves, brush turkeys and grey-headed flying foxes.
If you want to learn more, why not take a ranger-guided discovery tour? It’s a great way to explore Woolgoolga Creek and get some local knowledge. After your walk, explore more of Sherwood Nature Reserve along Sherwood Forest drive.
Subscribe to Naturescapes
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Coffs Harbour office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm.
- 02 6652 0900
- 4/32 Edgar St, Coffs Harbour NSW 2450
- in Sherwood Nature Reserve in the North Coast region
Sherwood Nature Reserve is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather, fire danger or damage to trail network.
Things to do (15)
- Aboriginal culture (1)
- Birdwatching and wildlife encounters (10)
- Canoeing/paddling (2)
- Fishing (5)
- Historic heritage (1)
- Picnics and barbecues (4)
- Road trips and car/bus tours (2)
- Sightseeing (7)
- Surfing (3)
- Swimming (6)
- Walking (7)
- Waterfalls (4)
- Wildflowers (seasonal) (1)