Woolgoolga Creek picnic area
Sherwood Nature Reserve
Woolgoolga Creek picnic area is the ideal destination for a family daytrip. There are picturesque places to picnic, barbecues, excellent birdwatching and a nearby walking track.
- Picnic areas
- Sherwood Nature Reserve
- Opening times
Woolgoolga Creek picnic area is open from sunrise to sunset.
- Please note
- Remember to take your binoculars if you want to go birdwatching.
- The weather in this area can be extreme and unpredictable, so please ensure you’re well-prepared for your visit.
- There is limited reception in this park.
Woolgoolga Creek picnic area is a delightful place for a picnic and a fantastic way to experience the plants and animals that make Sherwood Nature Reserve so special. Nestled below towering flooded gums, you’ll find this secluded picnic area fringed with blue quandongs. There’s plenty of space for the kids to run around, and nearby rainforest and creeks to explore, making it a great family day out.
Find a spot on the grassy lawn, throw down a picnic rug and listen to the sounds of nature. Or head over to the picnic tables and cook up a storm on one of the barbecues.
Goannas are regular visitors here, so you’ll probably spot one wandering through while you’re enjoying a picnic. You’ll also see brush turkeys and butterflies while there are over 50 species of birds around Woolgoolga Creek. If you’re feeling like a short walk, don’t miss the superb waterfall views at the end of Falls walking track or continue exploring the nature reserve along Sherwood Forest drive.
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Coffs Harbour office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm.
- 02 6652 0900
- 4/32 Edgar St, Coffs Harbour NSW 2450
- in Sherwood Nature Reserve in the North Coast region
Sherwood Nature Reserve is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather, fire danger or damage to trail network.