Sherwood Forest drive
Sherwood Nature Reserve
Enjoy driving through diverse landscapes on Sherwood Forest Drive. This scenic trail offers picturesque places to picnic, lookouts and spectacular views along the way.
- Sherwood Nature Reserve
- 50km one-way
- Time suggested
- What to
- Hat, sunscreen, drinking water
- Please note
- Remember to take your binoculars if you want to go birdwatching.
- Check the weather before you set out as the road to Sherwood Nature Reserve can become boggy when it rains.
- There is limited mobile reception in this park.
Sherwood Forest drive offers visitors the opportunity to experience the spectacular scenery and biodiversity of Sherwood Nature Reserve.
Start your adventure at Woolgoolga Creek picnic area with a barbecue or leisurely picnic. If you have time, Falls walking track is an easy walk through the rainforest with great views of the waterfalls and excellent birdwatching.
This driving route takes you from subtropical rainforest, through old-growth forest ecosystems and over the elevated sandstone plateau. Various spots such as Waihou lookout provide great views over Orara Valley, with sandstone cliffs providing a stunning backdrop.
Keep your eyes out for local wildlife along the way. Old-growth forests provide refuge for species such as microbats, owls, possums and gliders. And, while admiring the views from the sandstone escarpment, you might spot brush-tailed rock wallabies or one of the many native reptiles basking in the sun.
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
- Grafton office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm.
- 1300 072 757
- Level 4, 49 Victoria Street, Grafton NSW 2460
- in Sherwood Nature Reserve in the North Coast region
Sherwood Nature Reserve is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather, fire danger or damage to trail network.