Sherwood Forest drive
Sherwood Nature Reserve
All the practical information you need to know about Sherwood Forest drive.
Getting there and parking
Get driving directions
Sherwood Forest drive starts in the south-eastern precinct of Sherwood Nature Reserve. To get there:
- From Woolgoolga, drive west along Woolgoolga Creek Road and follow the signs to Woolgoolga Creek picnic area.
- Follow Gentle Annie Road along the northern boundary of the reserve until it merges with Sherwood Road
- Drive on Sherwood Road to Waihou lookout
- Continue on Sherwood Road to the intersection with Conglomerate Road
- Head west on Sherwood Road, then left turn onto Bluff trail at the tower.
- After approximately 1km, stop at the lookout, or head back south on Sherwood Road and turn right onto Waihou Road, which continues to the finish at Nana Glen.
- Either return to Woolgoolga via Bucca Road, or drive north through Glenreagh to Sherwood Creek Road.
Park entry points
Parking is available at various sites along the drive.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you at Sherwood Nature Reserve. Here are some of the highlights.
See magnificent quandong trees as their fruits turn blue and fallen leaves carpet the rainforest floor with red.
A fantastic time to see rainforest birds while they're nesting and wildflowers in the heathland.
Enjoy the tranquillity in the rainforest and some cool respite from the summer heat.
Bask in the winter sun at Woolgoolga Creek picnic area and enjoy a sheltered walk in the rainforest.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
16°C and 28°C
4°C and 20°C
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
Maps and downloads
- Grafton office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm.
- 02 6641 1500
- Level 4, 49 Victoria Street, Grafton NSW 2460