Casuarina Falls circuit
Dorrigo National Park
Enjoy the views of Dorrigo National Park and a series of waterfalls and creeks during an energetic hike along Casuarina Falls circuit.
- Dorrigo National Park in North Coast
- 4.8km loop
- Time suggested
- 1hr 30min - 2hrs
- Grade 4
- Trip Intention Form
It's a good idea to let someone know where you're going. Fill in a trip intention form to send important details about your trip to your emergency contact.
- What to
- Drinking water, hat, sunscreen
- Please note
- There is limited mobile reception in this park
Feeling energetic? Casuarina Falls circuit traces the ridgeline of the Dorrigo plateau before joining Blackbutt walking track. This delightful yet challenging walking track highlights the lush rainforests and enticing waterfalls of the NSW North Coast, near Bellingen.
You’ll get tantalising glimpses of the clear blue pools and falls of Sassafras Creek before arriving at the top of Casuarina Falls. From here, take in the magnificent views to the south and gaze deep into the heart of Dorrigo National Park.
It’s a great walk for nature-lovers, at any time of year. The rainforest offers a cool respite during summer, and the pools of Sassafras Creek may prove irresistible, so be sure to bring your swimmers. Along the creeks, you’ll hear the calls of the many frogs living by the creek.
Take a virtual tour of Casuarina Falls circuit captured with Google Street View Trekker.
Subscribe to Naturescapes
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Dorrigo Rainforest Centre
- 9am to 4.30pm daily. Closed Christmas Day.
- 02 6657 5913
- 142 Dome Road Dorrigo Mountain NSW 2453
- in Dorrigo National Park in the North Coast region
Dorrigo National Park is open daily (except Christmas Day) 9am to 4.30pm but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Things to do (24)
- 4WD touring (1)
- Birdwatching and wildlife encounters (10)
- Cafes and kiosks (1)
- Cycling (1)
- Environmental appreciation/study (1)
- Photography (1)
- Picnics and barbecues (4)
- Road trips and car/bus tours (3)
- Sightseeing (13)
- Surfing (1)
- Swimming (1)
- Visitor centres (1)
- Walking (14)
- Waterfalls (11)