Blackbutt walking track
Dorrigo National Park
If you’re keen on bushwalking, the 6.4km Blackbutt walking track winds through lush rainforest, offering scenic views of Dorrigo National Park.
- 6.4km one-way
- Time suggested
- 3 - 4hrs
- Grade 4
- Trip Intention Form
It's a good idea to let someone know where you're going. Fill in a trip intention form to send important details about your trip to your emergency contact.
- Personal Locator Beacon
Hire a Personal Locator Beacon (PLB) for free at Dorrigo Rainforest Centre.
- What to
- Hat, drinking water, sunscreen
- Please note
- This area has high rainfall, so please ensure you’re well-prepared for your visit.
- There is limited mobile reception in this park
- Remember to take your binoculars if you want to go bird watching
Watch the ever-changing landscape as you tackle Blackbutt walking track in Dorrigo National Park. This challenging hike has a couple of steep climbs that will really get your heart racing. Winding through lush rainforest, along Endiandra Creek, it follows the escarpment offering breathtaking views towards Dorrigo plateau.
Don’t forget your camera because you’ll want to capture images of beautiful Callicoma and Casuarina Falls, as well as the majestic rainforest trees. Before or after your walk, enjoy the serenity of Never Never picnic area.
At the end of the walk, either return the same way or take the easier option and follow Dome Road back to the carpark. Round off your visit with a tasty treat at Dorrigo Rainforest Centre.
Take a virtual tour of Blackbutt walking track captured with Google Street View Trekker.
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Dorrigo Rainforest Centre
- 9am to 4.30pm daily. Closed Christmas Day.
- 02 6657 5913
- 142 Dome Road Dorrigo Mountain NSW 2453
- in Dorrigo National Park in the North Coast region
Dorrigo National Park is open daily (except Christmas Day) 9am to 4.30pm but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.