Bald Rock National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Border walk.
Grade 3Learn more about the grading system Features of this track
5 - 6hrs
Quality of markings
Clearly sign posted
Short steep hills
Quality of path
Formed track, some obstacles
Some bushwalking experience recommended
Getting there and parking
Border walk starts at the main visitor area at Bald Rock National Park, very close to Bald Rock. To get there:
- 29km north of Tenterfield on the sealed Mount Lindesay (Woodenbong) Road
- Access to the walking track and Bald Rock is via the sealed Bald Rock Road
- From Stanthorpe take the road to Amosfield, then turn south towards Tenterfield along the Woodenbong Road.
Parking is available in the park.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Bald Rock National Park. Here are some of the highlights.
Clear crisp atmosphere at this time of year offers outstanding views from the top of Bald Rock.
Wildflowers and the mild temperatures make spring a fantastic time of year for long walks and camping out.
Good camping weather as the temperature rarely exceeds 30 degrees.
Frosts and rare snow flakes overnight, followed by brilliant blue skies overhead and crisp, fresh sunny days.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
25°C and 28°C
15°C and 18°C
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
Maps and downloads
- Tenterfield office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm.
- 02 6736 4298
- 10 Miles Street, Tenterfield NSW 2372
- in Bald Rock National Park in the Country NSW region
Bald Rock National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Park entry fees:
$8 per vehicle per day. The park uses a self-registration fee collection system. Please bring the correct change.Buy annual pass