Boonoo Boonoo National Park
Using the park’s fire trail system, River walk connects Cypress-pine campground with Boonoo Boonoo Falls picnic area, offering excellent swimming, hiking and picnicking opportunities.
- Boonoo Boonoo National Park
- No wheelchair access
- 6.1km one-way
- Time suggested
- 3hrs 30min - 4hrs 30min
- Grade 3
- Entry fees
- Park entry fees apply
- What to
- Hat, drinking water, sunscreen
- Please note
- The weather in this area can be extreme and unpredictable, so please ensure you’re well-prepared for your visit.
- Remember to take your binoculars if you want to birdwatch
In summer, what better place to relax than by a river? River walk, which can be joined at several places along Falls Road, connects Cypress-pine campground and Boonoo Boonoo Falls picnic area. Spring is also a great time along River walk, as the park is a haven for wildflowers including a variety of wattles, pea flowers and rock orchids.
The track takes you through dry eucalypt forest and vegetation in the riparian zone – the interface between the land and the waterway – a little way back from the river. Make the most of the two river visits by having a dip, a swim, or at the very least by splashing someone in your group.
If you’ve approached the river quietly, you may be lucky enough to spot a platypus. Around sunrise and sunset, wallabies and kangaroos might be seen grazing or drinking at the river.
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Tenterfield office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm.
- 02 6736 4298
- 10 Miles Street, Tenterfield NSW 2372
- in Boonoo Boonoo National Park in the Country NSW region
Boonoo Boonoo National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Park entry fees:
$8 per vehicle per day. The park uses a self-registration fee collection system. Please bring the correct change.Buy annual pass