Morgans Gully picnic area
Boonoo Boonoo National Park
Visit Morgans Gully for a relaxing picnic, and investigate gold mining historic heritage surrounded by wildflowers and embellished with a waterfall and geological formations.
- Picnic areas
- Boonoo Boonoo National Park
- Entry fees
- Park entry fees apply
- What to
- Hat, sunscreen, drinking water
- Please note
- The weather in this area can be extreme and unpredictable, so please ensure you’re well-prepared for your visit.
- Remember to take your binoculars if you want to birdwatch.
As you explore the intriguing landscape of beautiful Boonoo Boonoo, be sure to spend some time at Morgans Gully; a fascinating area full of granite rock that marks the site of an old goldfield. At the eastern end of the gully, you’ll see historic heritage of the gold mining era. There’s a hand-dug water race where gravel was washed and, in the woodland to the east, there are two old pressure cylinders used for gold extraction.
In spring, a walk to the historic site is particularly rewarding – you’ll see boronia, banksia, grevillea and many other flowering plants and wildflowers brightening the woodlands. Watch out for kangaroos and wallabies n your wanderings and enjoy the glistening waterfall pouring into this lovely section of Boonoo Boonoo. There are platypus in the park too – if you’re quiet, you may be lucky enough to see one of these shy little creatures.
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Tenterfield office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm.
- 02 6736 4298
- 10 Miles Street, Tenterfield NSW 2372
- in Boonoo Boonoo National Park in the Country NSW region
Boonoo Boonoo National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Park entry fees:
$8 per vehicle per day. The park uses a self-registration fee collection system. Please bring the correct change.Buy annual pass