Morgans Gully picnic area
Boonoo Boonoo National Park
All the practical information you need to know about the Morgans Gully picnic area.
Getting there and parking
- Take the road to Amosfield
- Turn south towards Tenterfield along Woodenbong Road, continuing south past Bald Rock for a further 7km to the Bonnoo Boonoo National Park/Boonoo Boonoo Falls turn-off.
- Follow this road for 4km to the park boundary
- The 9km park access road is unsealed and ends at Boonoo Boonoo Falls picnic area
From the northern end of Tenterfield:
- Turn right onto Woodenbong Road and travel for 22km
- Turn right at the Boonoo Boonoo National Park/Boonoo Boonoo Falls sign
- Follow this road for 4km to the boundary of Boonoo Boonoo National Park
- The 5km park access road is unsealed and ends at Boonoo Boonoo Falls picnic area
Check the weather before you set out as the road to Boonoo Boonoo Falls can become flooded during heavy rains.
- Unsealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- All weather
Parking is available at Morgans Gully picnic area.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Boonoo Boonoo National Park. Here are some of the highlights.
This is the season for wildflowers. The mild weather at this time of year is also particularly good for camping.
The water in the large secluded rock pools along the river will give sweet relief from the summer heat.
Temperatures can plunge overnight and mornings are often frosty at this time of year, so be well-prepared if you're camping. Though winter days are often sunny, cloudless and warm enough to enjoy a picnic or a long hike.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
14°C and 27°C
2°C and 14°C
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
- Drinking water is not available in this area, so it’s a good idea to bring your own.
- You are encouraged to bring gas or fuel stoves, especially in summer during the fire season.
- Firewood may not be collected from the park – it is provided in the picnic area.
- Wood barbecues (bring your own firewood)
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - hard
- Wheelchairs can access this area with difficulty
A current NSW recreational fishing licence is required when fishing in all waters.
- Tenterfield office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm.
- 02 6736 4298
- 10 Miles Street, Tenterfield NSW 2372
- in Boonoo Boonoo National Park in the Country NSW region
Boonoo Boonoo National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Park entry fees:
$8 per vehicle per day. The park uses a self-registration fee collection system. Please bring the correct change.Buy annual pass