Angophora grove walking track
Yuraygir National Park
Angophora grove walking track, in Yuraygir National Park, is a short easy coastal hike with scenic views as well as picnic and camping opportunities.
- 1.2km return
- Time suggested
- 30min - 1hr
- Grade 3
- Entry fees
- Park entry fees apply
- What to
- Hat, sunscreen, drinking water
- Please note
- The weather in the area can be extreme and unpredictable, so please ensure you’re well-prepared for your visit.
- There is limited mobile reception in this park
- Remember to take your binoculars if you want to go bird watching or whale watching
Angophora grove walking track is an easy stroll from Illaroo picnic area through bushland adorned with gracious old angophoras. These native Australian trees are also known as smooth-barked apples because European settlers thought they resembled apple trees. Despite being closely related to eucalypts, angophoras are actually part of the myrtle family. Tea tree, coastal cypress and coastal banksia are also part of this forest.
Bring along your binoculars as migrating humpback whales may be visible in season, and osprey and brahminy kites are common to the area.
The walk can be done as a return trip, or it can be linked with Rocky Point track, which offers scenic headland and beach views.
Using Google Street View Trekker, we've captured imagery across a range of NSW national parks and attractions. Get a bird's eye view of these incredible landscapes before setting off on your own adventure.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Grafton office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm.
- 02 6641 1500
- Level 4, 49 Victoria Street, Grafton NSW 2460
- in Yuraygir National Park in the North Coast region
Yuraygir National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Park entry fees:
$8 per vehicle per day. The park has self registration stands with envelopes - please bring correct change.Buy annual pass