Angophora grove walking track
Yuraygir National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Angophora grove walking track.
Features of this track
30min - 1hr
Quality of markings
Clearly sign posted
No experience required
Short steep hills
Quality of path
Getting there and parking
Angophora grove walking track is in the Minnie Water (central) section of Yuraygir National Park. To get there:
- Turn off Pacific Highway 10km south of Grafton at Wooli turn-off
- Before reaching Wooli, turn left onto Minnie Water Road.
- At Minnie Water village, follow the signs to Illaroo campground.
Parking is available at Illaroo South picnic area.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Yuraygir National Park. Here are some of the highlights.
Autumn is the perfect time of year to go beach fishing along the park's coastline.
The park's heathlands provide a spectacular display of wildflowers. Check them out on your choice of walking track, including the Wilsons Headland walk and, of course, the Yuraygir coastal walk.
Visit in summer to make the most of the park's countless beaches and waterways. Swim, surf or snorkel – cooling sea breezes provide welcome relief in hot weather.
Plan a winter trip to go whale watching. The sight of migrating whales swimming north to warmer waters is second-to-none, and there are magnificent viewing points at Red Cliffs lookout and Brooms Head.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
20°C and 26°C
9°C and 20°C
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
- The nearest toilets are located at Illaroo South picnic area.
- Drinking and cooking water is limited or not available in this area, so it’s a good idea to bring your own.
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - hard
You’re encouraged to bring gas or fuel stoves, especially in summer during the fire season.
A current NSW recreational fishing licence is required when fishing in all waters.
- Grafton office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm.
- 02 6641 1500
- Level 4, 49 Victoria Street, Grafton NSW 2460