Snowy Mountains Cinema
Thredbo-Perisher area in Kosciuszko National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Snowy Mountains Cinema.
Getting there and parking
Snowy Mountains Cinema is located within Snowy Region Visitor Centre. To get there from Canberra via Cooma:
- Travel 116km along Monaro Highway to Cooma
- Continue through Cooma for 7km
- Continue along Kosciuszko Road for 62km to Jindabyne
- Snowy Region Visitor Centre is on the left after Memorial Hall and before Nuggets Crossing shopping centre
All 2WD vehicles need to carry snow chains in winter, between June and October long weekends, on:
- Kosciuszko Road (to Perisher)
- Guthega Road
- Alpine Way between Thredbo and Tom Groggin
Snow chains are recommended for all vehicles driving in the park, including 4WD and AWD, in the event of extreme weather. Read our snow driving in Kosciuszko tips.
- Sealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- All weather
There's parking at Snowy Mountains Cinema in a bitumen carpark:
- There are 2 accessible parking spaces in the top-level carpark next to the path that leads to the cinema and visitor centre.
- There's bus and coach parking in several designated spots.
By public transport
Limited public bus services operate seasonally. Contact Country Link for timetables, accessibility options and more information.
There are accessible and ambulant flush toilets, and a baby change room in the cinema foyer.
- Flush toilets
There's step-free access to the building through a single accessible door located to the right of Parc Cafe. The door is suitable for wheelchairs and prams.
You can also reach the cinema by going through Snowy Region Visitor Centre, which has electronic double sliding doors.
From the carpark, there are pebblecrete pathways that lead to the main entrance of the cinema. They are wide and step-free.
- Step-free main entrance to the building
- Step-free outdoor pathways
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - easy
There's step-free access from the carpark to the cinema and inside the building.
The cinema has accessible facilities including:
- 2 accessible parking spaces in the carpark
- Accessible and ambulant toilet facilities and a baby change room in the cinema foyer.
- Wide, flat pebblecrete pathways from the carpark to the cinema entrance
Flying a drone for recreational purposes is prohibited in this area. Drones may affect public enjoyment, safety and privacy, interfere with park operations, or pose a threat to wildlife. See the Drones in Parks policy.
This area may be a declared Drone Exclusion Zone, or may be subject to Civil Aviation Safety Authority (CASA) rules for flying near airports, aerodromes and helicopter landing sites. See CASA's Drone Flyer Rules.
Commercial filming and photography
NSW national parks are no smoking areas.
- Snowy Mountains Cinema
- Daily during winter. Tuesday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday in summer.
- 02 6457 1777 Cinema information
- 02 6450 5600 Visitor centre
- Snowy Region Visitor Centre, 49 Kosciuszko Road, Jindabyne NSW 2627
- in the Thredbo-Perisher area of Kosciuszko National Park in the Snowy Mountains region
- The Thredbo-Perisher area is open all year, but some roads and trails may close due to weather conditions or park management issues. Kosciuszko Road is closed between Perisher and Charlotte Pass in winter (June to October long weekends).
Park entry fees apply on Alpine Way and Kosciuszko Road
Winter (June to October long weekends): $29 per vehicle per day (24hrs from purchase); motorcycles $12; bus passengers $11.45 per adult, $3.60 per child per day. Find out more about the winter entry surcharge.
Rest of Year: $17 per vehicle per day (24hrs); motorcycles $7; bus passengers $6.60 per adult, $2.20 per child per day.
Passes: Day passes, multi-day passes and annual All Parks Pass available from NPWS visitor centres, local agents and operating vehicle entry stations. Single and Multi-Day passes are also available via the Park'nPay app. Short Breaks Pass: $68 for 5 days park entry at price of 4 days (not valid winter).
Eligible pensioners can apply for a complementary NPWS concession pass, to get free park entry. Download the exemption form (154KB doc). Read our Annual Pass FAQs for information.Buy annual pass