Perisher Valley Office
Thredbo-Perisher area in Kosciuszko National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Perisher Valley Office.
Getting there and parking
The Perisher Valley Office is in the centre of Perisher Valley ski resort area of Kosciuszko National Park. To get there:
- Follow Kosciuszko Road from Jindabyne for around 33km to Perisher Valley
- The information centre is located on Kosciuszko Road, across the road from the fire station
Winter access to Perisher and Charlotte Pass:
- Kosciuszko Road is closed between Perisher and Charlotte Pass from June to October long weekends.
- You can use the free overnight parking at Bullocks Flat Skitube terminal, off Alpine Way (no park entry fees in this section of Alpine Way). Then ride the Skitube to Perisher and Blue Cow resorts.
- Charlotte Pass oversnow transport departs from Perisher Skitube terminal.
It’s compulsory for all 2WD vehicles to carry snow chains in winter, between June and October long weekends, on:
- Kosciuszko Road (to Perisher)
- Guthega Road
- Alpine Way between Thredbo and Tom Groggin
The Roads and Maritime Service (RMS) recommends snow chains are carried by all vehicles driving in the park in winter, including 4WD and AWD, in the event of extreme weather. Visit the Live Traffic website for current conditions
- Winter: Day parking only from 7:00 to midnight – designated disabled spots
- Summer: Day and overnight parking available - designated disabled spots
- Road from Perisher to Charlotte Pass - closed from June long weekend to October long weekend regardless of snow conditions
- Flush toilets
Indoor picnic tables
Powerpoints available. Cooking not permitted.
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - easy
Designated disabled parking and accessible toilets available.
Flying a drone for recreational purposes is prohibited in this area. Drones may affect public enjoyment, safety and privacy, interfere with park operations, or pose a threat to wildlife. See the Drones in Parks policy.
This area may be a declared Drone Exclusion Zone, or may be subject to Civil Aviation Safety Authority (CASA) rules for flying near airports, aerodromes and helicopter landing sites. See CASA's Drone Flyer Rules.
Commercial filming and photography
NSW national parks are no smoking areas. The alpine resorts of Thredbo, Perisher, Charlotte Pass, Selwyn, Ski Rider and Kosciuszko Tourist Park are exempt, though some commercial and outdoor places within these resorts may have no smoking areas.
- Perisher Valley office
- Winter (June to October long weekends): Daily 8.30am to 4pm. Closed 12 to 1pm. Rest of year: Monday to Friday 8.30am to 4pm. Closed 12 to 1pm weekdays, all day Saturday and Sunday.
- 02 6457 4444
- 9914 Kosciuszko Road, Perisher Valley NSW 2624
- in the Thredbo-Perisher area of Kosciuszko National Park in the Snowy Mountains region
- The Thredbo-Perisher area is open all year, but some roads and trails may close due to weather conditions or park management issues. Kosciuszko Road is closed between Perisher and Charlotte Pass in winter (June to October long weekends).
Park entry fees apply on Alpine Way and Kosciuszko Road
Winter (June to October long weekends): $29 per vehicle per day (24hrs from purchase); motorcycles $12; bus passengers $11.45 per adult, $3.60 per child per day. Find out more about the winter entry surcharge.
Rest of Year: $17 per vehicle per day (24hrs); motorcycles $7; bus passengers $6.60 per adult, $2.20 per child per day.
Passes: Day passes, multi-day passes and annual All Parks Pass available from NPWS visitor centres, local agents and operating vehicle entry stations. Read our Annual Pass FAQs for information. Short Breaks Pass: $68 for 5 days park entry at price of 4 days (not valid winter). Eligible pensioners can apply for a complementary NPWS concession pass, to get free park entry. Download the exemption form (154KB doc).Buy annual pass