Arakoon National Park
Front Beach offers family friendly options including swimming, paddling, liloing and picnicking in Arakoon National Park on the mid North Coast of NSW.
- Arakoon National Park in North Coast
- What to
- Drinking water, hat, sunscreen
Set against a backdrop of the historic gaol ruins, Front Beach is a popular swimming spot, perfect for families wanting a relaxing day outdoors. Situated in Arakoon National Park on the mid North Coast, it’s a perfect destination for a coastal holiday with camping options at Trial Bay Gaol campground.
The calm waters are ideal for the little ones and make for perfect paddling and liloing. While the kids are having fun, you may even be tempted to try your luck at fishing. Gazing across the scenic bay, keep your eyes peeled for sea-eagles and osprey, they’re known to fish the same waters.
When it’s time for something to eat, spark up the barbecue at the picnic area, beside Trial Bay Gaol campground, or if you’re feeling too relaxed, head to Trial Bay Restaurant. After lunch, gather and explore Trial Bay Gaol or try the medium Monument Hill walking track.
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Trial Bay Gaol Visitor Centre
- 9am to 4.30pm daily. Closed Christmas Day.
- 02 6566 6168
- 73 Trial Bay Gaol Road, Arakoon NSW 2431
- in Arakoon National Park in the North Coast region
Arakoon National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.