Arakoon National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Front Beach.
Getting there and parking
Get driving directions
Front Beach is in the Trial Bay Gaol precinct of Arakoon National Park.
From South West Rocks:
- Follow Phillip Drive
- Turn left onto Cardwell Street
- Continue along Cardwell Street until you reach Trial Bay Goal
Park entry points
- Sealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- All weather
Parking is available at Trial Bay Gaol carpark or the beachfront carpark.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Arakoon National Park. Here are some of the highlights.
The wildflowers will be out so it's a great time to hike the park's walking tracks During the spring, when the she-oaks produce fruit, glossy black cockatoos come in to feed on the ripe seeds .
School's out and it's a great time for a family camping holiday – spend your days swimming, snorkelling, fishing and exploring the park's attractions.
Catch the whales on their journey north along the coast.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
20°C and 26°C
12°C and 20°C
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
- Toilets and picnic facilities are available at the Trial Bay Gaol picnic area in the campground.
- This is a popular spot, so it's a good idea to bring your own gas barbecue.
- Flush toilets
3 electric barbecues (coin operated)
Hot showers (coin operated)
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - medium
There are wheelchair-accessible toilets at nearby Trial Bay Gaol campground
A current NSW recreational fishing licence is required when fishing in all waters.
- Trial Bay Gaol Visitor Centre
- 9am to 4.30pm daily. Closed Christmas Day.
- 02 6566 6168
- Trial Bay Goal Access Road, Arakoon, NSW 2431