Willis picnic area
Lower Snowy River area in Kosciuszko National Park
All the practical information you need to know about the Willis picnic area.
Getting there and parking
Willis picnic area is in the southern (Lower Snowy) precinct of Kosciuszko National Park. To get there from Snowy Region Visitor Centre:
- Drive 1.5km along Kosciuszko Road
- Turn left onto Barry Way and drive 70.3km south
- Turn right into the Willis picnic area carpark, immediately adjacent to Barry Way.
- Check the weather before you set out as the road to Willis picnic area can become boggy when it rains
- Unsealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- 4WD required in wet weather
- Non-flush toilets
- Wood barbecues (bring your own firewood)
- Fire rings (bring your own firewood)
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - medium
- Assistance may be required to access this area.
A current NSW recreational fishing licence is required when fishing in all waters.
Flying a drone for recreational purposes is prohibited in this area. Drones may affect public enjoyment, safety and privacy, interfere with park operations, or pose a threat to wildlife. See the Drones in Parks policy.
This area may be a declared Drone Exclusion Zone, or may be subject to Civil Aviation Safety Authority (CASA) rules for flying near airports, aerodromes and helicopter landing sites. See CASA's Drone Flyer Rules.
Commercial filming and photography
Firewood is not supplied and may not be collected from the park.
NSW national parks are no smoking areas.
- Snowy Region Visitor Centre
- 8.30am to 5pm daily. Closed Christmas Day.
- 02 6450 5600
- 49 Kosciuszko Road, Jindabyne NSW 2627
- in the Lower Snowy River area of Kosciuszko National Park in the Snowy Mountains region
The Lower Snowy River area is open all year, but some roads and trails may close due to weather conditions or park management issues.
No park entry fees apply in the Lower Snowy River area. See vehicle entry fees for other areas in Kosciuszko National Park.Buy annual pass